Last week we showed you how to get Windows 7 running on your Mac, but iTunes won’t be able to sync your shuffle. This is a solution both for those with Windows 7 installed on Mac and PC. To fix the problem you will have to work through the following steps.
- If your Shuffle is connected to your Mac/PC then disconnect it, close iTunes.
- Close ”ITunesHelper.exe” in the windows task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL).
- Download Sharepod
- Reconnect the iPod Shuffle and start Sharepod, you should now be able to see your iPod.
- With Sharepod still open start iTunes.
- Your iPod should be visible in iTunes, select options and uncheck iTunes autostart, check hard drive usage.
- Accept changes and close iTunes, do not eject your iPod using the iTunes interface.
- Close Sharepod and disconnect your Shuffle before you restart you Mac/PC.
Thats it your iTunes will now be able to place all your podcasts and music on your shuffle just like normal. You will no longer need Sharepod so feel free to uninstall it.