Apple remote by *Bobbyperux
3 Icons + PSD
Posted on 19 November 2014
Posted on 16 November 2014
Steve Jacob’s presentation of the Ipad from the NY Post.
Think of the iPad like the combination of all the things you love about Mac computers, the iPod touch and iTunes into one relatively small, light weight device. With its Safari browser, you can read just about any eBook or books on kindle at lightning speed and get work done on its touch screen keypad anywhere. iPad’s features include full screen versions of calendars, notes, to-do lists, viewing photos, watch YouTube videos, listen to your iTunes and more.
Read on for the technical specifications of the iPad from apple.com’s website.
Posted on 14 November 2014
Saturday night live has taken a stab at the iPhone’s carrier AT&T, watch the clip below. More discussion and an AT&T poll after the jump.
Posted on 11 November 2014
I recently had to burn a 704MB .avi (divX) file to a 700MB CD through my MacBook. I was pleased to find that although the default OSX Mac burner won’t overburn you can easily do this through a few terminal commands to bypass the overburn block.
1. Firstly create a directory with a short name (will be easier to type into terminal) that only contains the file you wish to burn, remove .nfo files (if a torrent file) or previews/covers leaving just the main .avi file. I called mine “movie”.
2. Open terminal (click finder and type it in if you haven’t used it before).
3. Browse to the directory above movies, enter “cd /user/downloads” where the directory containing the files you are burning is /user/downloads/movie (cd simply stands for change directory). Terminal will then display that you are in that directory. If you get stuck here because you haven’t used terminal before comment below and I will help you out.
4. Create an iso of the movies folder, in terminal enter “hdiutil makehybrid -o isofilename movie/” and your .iso will be created from the files in the folder movie. The progress will be displayed in terminal (doesn’t take long).
5. Enter your cd or DVD into the drive and burn using “hdiutil burn isofilename.iso” (while still in the same directory, which you will be if you follow the steps above). You will not be given the option of what speed to burn the disc at (in most cases this fastest setting is fine), status will again be displayed in terminal while burning and verifying the disc.
6. Once burned you can delete isofilename.iso if you don’t plan on making any more copies.
Posted on 10 November 2014
If you want to know your iPhone 3G S better, then check out one of the sites that dedicated themselves to uncovering the mystery inside the newest gadget.
Posted on 08 November 2014
Check out the Yelp app from Apple Store, its available free.
Based on the popular review site it allows users to view bar, restaurant etc ratings using their camera and the direction it is pointing.
It is released as a hidden easter egg as the feature is not yet officially supported by Apple.
Jen from Mashable explains.
Posted on 07 November 2014
Last week we showed you how to get Windows 7 running on your Mac, but iTunes won’t be able to sync your shuffle. This is a solution both for those with Windows 7 installed on Mac and PC. To fix the problem you will have to work through the following steps.
Thats it your iTunes will now be able to place all your podcasts and music on your shuffle just like normal. You will no longer need Sharepod so feel free to uninstall it.