Posted on 20 April 2017 by Couchy
Always a popular choice the next version of the MacBook Pro is ready to charge.
The battery follows suit from the 17inch MacBook Pro by including a non-removable battery. Not been able to swap out the battery will no doubt irk some road warriors but Apple is betting the saved space and the adaptive charging implemented will be enough to keep the peace. They are confident the battery will last 5 years before starting to lose capacity.
How long will it last you is the big question using the standard Nvidia 9400M you are looking at around 7 hours with about an hour less for the Nvidia 9600M GT.
To extend your short term battery life remember to dim your screen if possible and turn off Airport.
To extend the long term battery life make sure your battery is used regularly (having your MacBook always plugged in is not good for it’s battery).
Is the fact that you can’t swap out the battery going to sway anyone towards another model?
Posted on 15 April 2017 by Couchy
Supporting PHP, ROR and Python this is a serious tool. Although I have only used it for basic HTML, CSS editing I found that a breeze with helpful hints and colour coding of syntax. It’s going to be around for the long run as they just secured $7.8 Million in Funding. Its 100% free and monetises via its web app hosting platform.
An alternative to Photoshop its completely open source and has a plug-in available that converts the layout closer to Photoshop for an easy learning curve. A great way for aspiring web designers to start honing there skills.
For converting your video files into a web friendly format you cannot go past this one.
For pixel perfect designs you need a simple measurement tool like Caliper.
The essential coding environment just a few clicks away :>.
FTP browser that also supports, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files & Amazon S3.
Google Analytics on your Dashboard.
MySQL database management app.
File sharing the way it should be :>. Great if you are often moving between the office, your home Mac and your MacBook.
A tiny app that makes screenshots of websites.
Posted on 12 April 2017 by Couchy
Dropbox now has 8GB 10GB for free with a few referrals! When did that happen!
Use this link to get +250MB when you signup
Posted on 29 March 2017 by Couchy
I recently had to burn a 704MB .avi (divX) file to a 700MB CD through my MacBook. I was pleased to find that although the default OSX Mac burner won’t overburn you can easily do this through a few terminal commands to bypass the overburn block.
1. Firstly create a directory with a short name (will be easier to type into terminal) that only contains the file you wish to burn, remove .nfo files (if a torrent file) or previews/covers leaving just the main .avi file. I called mine “movie”.
2. Open terminal (click finder and type it in if you haven’t used it before).
3. Browse to the directory above movies, enter “cd /user/downloads” where the directory containing the files you are burning is /user/downloads/movie (cd simply stands for change directory). Terminal will then display that you are in that directory. If you get stuck here because you haven’t used terminal before comment below and I will help you out.
4. Create an iso of the movies folder, in terminal enter “hdiutil makehybrid -o isofilename movie/” and your .iso will be created from the files in the folder movie. The progress will be displayed in terminal (doesn’t take long).
5. Enter your cd or DVD into the drive and burn using “hdiutil burn isofilename.iso” (while still in the same directory, which you will be if you follow the steps above). You will not be given the option of what speed to burn the disc at (in most cases this fastest setting is fine), status will again be displayed in terminal while burning and verifying the disc.
6. Once burned you can delete isofilename.iso if you don’t plan on making any more copies.
Posted on 11 March 2017 by Couchy
Like this MacBook only $949.00.
Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo – Aluminum
13.3-inch 1280-by-800 pixel LED-backlit display
160GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Built-in iSight camera
Remember all refurbished Apple products are fully tested and include a 1 year warranty, spiffy!
Certified Refurbished Apple Range
Posted on 26 January 2017 by Couchy
All you have to do to be in the running to win a MacBook Pro is include #moonfruit in your tweets.
Follow moontweet to find out who the 10 lucky daily winners are. View the original blog post.
Competition is fierce though in the last 5 minutes I count 100′s of entries!